We’re SO excited to bring you today’s post – an inside peek at Mara Ferreira’s new home! One of our favorite fashion bloggers, Mara inspires us with her fun, feminine style that she shares in daily blog posts over at M Loves M. So, when we heard she was moving to a new place, we here at PBteen knew we just had to get involved! It was the perfect opportunity for us to get together and show off how a few key pieces can really transform a space – in this case, a workspace! Here’s how Mara turned her desk into a place that’s beautiful, motivational, and perfect for inspiring creativity.
Hi, everyone! My name is Mara from M Loves M, and I’m so excited to be sharing my desk with you all. My 9-to-5 is in marketing, but my blog is practically a second full-time job! I’ve been working on it for almost five years, and in that time, I’ve realized the importance of having a nice, organized desk space. Here are some of my office essentials:
1. Storage. I love magazine files for holding inspirational catalogs as well as incoming mail. I try to put all my pens and pencils back into a cute pencil cup after I use them – that way, I’m not always losing them (and blaming my husband, Matthew, for stealing them!). Drawers are also a must, as is a tray for holding little random things – like measuring tape and matches for my candles.
2. Good lighting. Make sure you can see what you’re doing with focused task lighting as well as ambient lighting for the room. Candles also help when you’re working until the wee hours of the morning!
3. A comfy chair. It’s great to have a nice little spot to take a break from the computer, chat with friends, read your mail, or tear through magazines. It’s also a good placeholder for your purse!
4. Decorative objects. When finishing up projects and getting stuff done, it’s inspiring to be in a space you love. I adore quirky pieces like this paper mache unicorn head – gold and so fun. Every time I look at it, I can’t help but smile!
5. Notebooks! It’s great to be able to jot down ideas right when they come to you, even if you’re working on something totally unrelated.
I hope you enjoyed getting a peek at my office space. It’s one of my favorite spots in the house!
What do YOU think of Mara’s space? Tell us in the comments, and check out more of Mara’s style tips over at M Loves M!