1. Store it. Since your bed takes up quite a bit of room, use the space behind it, around it and under it for storage. Clever shelving—like our Beadboard Super Set—plus labeled boxes can help keep you organized while maximizing your space.
2. Lift it. Fitting a study space into a smaller room can be a challenge. That’s where loft beds come in! Our Sleep + Study Loft creates space beneath your bed so you can design in a study space—or even a lounge. The additional cubbies and shelves offer plenty of storage, making it easier to stay tidy.
3. Hang it. Think of empty wall space as a blank canvas—and get creative with decor that doubles as function. Our Wire Word Shelf adds an inspiring message to your room, while also offering space to hold small keepsakes and decor.
4. Reflect it. One trick to making a small space appear larger? Hang a few mirrors! Because they reflect light, they’ll make your space look bigger. Try our Cork-Framed Mirror on your wall or on the back of your door—it doubles as a place to hang pics, notes and reminders.
5. Shelve it. Keep extra school supplies out of the way (and off the floor) by dedicating a space just to them. We love Wall to Wall Shelving, which doesn’t leave a footprint on the floor, but still creates the perfect opportunity to show off pretty items.
6. Brighten it. Give your space lots of light by hanging sheer drapes instead of heavy ones that can make a room feel dark. For added privacy, layer in some blackout drapes.
Do you have a small bedroom? How do you save space? Share your ideas with us below!