We LOVE this quote from one of our PBteen designers! Want to see who said it? Click here to see the full interview, plus check out their answers below…
1. What’s your favorite part of the design process?
The first part of it, because the entire idea is open at that point. There’s nothing that can be considered wrong – it’s pure vision.
2. What inspires you when you’re designing a new piece?
There can be so many factors. Ultimately, it’s about the customer—they really do come first. If something doesn’t work—whether it’s meant to be a functional object or purely an aesthetic one—then it isn’t a successful design. I strive to make something work and make it beautiful.
3. If you had to describe your style in one word, what would it be?
4. What would you say is the primary purpose or goal of design?
To enrich our lives and to remind us of the beauty of being human.
5. What are three fun facts about you?
1) I live close enough to the beach that I can hear the waves at night—and the foghorns when it’s foggy, which is often!
2. I have a Russian Blue cat named Pooter. He fetches. He’ll bring me his favorite toy and drop it on my projects and just stare at me until I throw it for him. Once I throw it, I don’t get any more work done for hours.
3. My best ideas come to me when I’m walking. Getting outside and walking is the best inspiration of all.